01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

white flash / reset? on DS-2CD2T42WD-I8

grantsmith82

HI All
I noticed this in the past with a camera (mainly at night when night vision is on) that it would flash and reset itself (as the picture would go dark and brighten up as the IR nightvision resets and kicks back in).

A simple FW upgrade on the camera in question resolved this issue.

However last night on DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 I noticed a similar thing white flashing but it wasn't resetting (as it wasn't going dark and brightening back up) it was just white flashes every so often over the picture. I again upgraded the fw to latest 5.5.3 to see if this resolved the isuse, but it was still doing it.
Could this be caused by having the resolution/video quality/frame rate set to high on this and the other cameras and there not being enough bandwidth?
would appreciate if anyone else experienced this and if they found a resolution.

Sorry, I'm not clear on what the symptom you are seeing actually is.
Do you mean it's switching between colour and monochrome?
Try uploading a video clip showing the problem please.

Interested in seeing your video. I get that too on occasion with a camera - almost like a flash bulb goes off and whitens the picture, it goes dim or black, then goes back to normal. All within a second or less, and it's not at the IR switch over at night. But it does happen at night. It always sets off an intrusion/line crossing alarm which is how I learned it was happening.

Back