01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which camera would you recommend?

Richard Darling

Hi, I'm new to all this and finding it hard to find a suitable camera for my application. Here are my requirements:
I run the website for a paragliding club (MHGC), and it would be useful for visitors to the web site to be able to see the hill top where we often launch, and the sky above. The hill can be seen from my attic window, so I want to place a camera on the window cill, looking out at a hill. This needs to be made available over the internet to be viewed on the website that is hosted remotely.
There is power available in the room, but no network cable, so I think a wireless camera is needed.
I don't want a wide-angle lens. It needs to be somewhere in the 30 to 45 degree range.
I don't need the viewers to be able to tilt/point etc.
It doesn't need night-vision.

Can anyone suggest what hardware I might try? Also, where to find out how to configure everything would be appreciated. (I think I need to use DDNS, but don't know how)

Hi, I am sorry posting my question here. I am also new to all about CCTV and I have difficulty choosing between 3 camera selection. We need IP Bullet camera, motorized lens, Day/Night for outdoor use. We were suggested Hikvision Ds-2cd2642fwd-IZ, Uniview Ipc2324EBR-DPZ28 and Dahua 8331.
Can anyone please help me which brand to choose in relation to quality? I will be very grateful to receive any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Back