01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

What's the difference between White light and flashing alarm on the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL?

cga

I have the Day/night switch set to Auto so when it gets dark the LED lights are on automatically
The flashing alarm is triggered when there is a motion detection but I'm not sure what is the the white light for, is that in case the LED lights are off to turn the lights on a triggered motion event? If so I don't need to have both linkages, flashing alarm and white light only the flashing alarm, is that right?

1667338938298.png

Hi @cga - you're essentially correct.

The "White Light" refers to the softer outer LEDs that the camera uses to help with the colour imaging in very low light (which comes on depending on the day/night switch settings normally).
The "Flashing Alarm" is the middle light, which is the one that is primarily used as a deterrent - you can change how this behaves when triggered in the "Flashing Alarm Light Output" menu.

On the newest firmware, when White Light is ticked and the event is triggered, then one of two things will happen...
If it is not already on, then it will turn on at 50% brightness.
If it is already on due to it being too dark, then it will become 50% brighter (so be at full brightness).

I've attached the release notes for firmware V5.7.10_220830 which explains how the white light option now works :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: cga
Back