01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Weird "spot" on camera's images

Pete83

Hello everyone,

I'd be grateful for your thoughts. Perhaps somebody can provide answers to this baffling [thing that is baffling; I can't find the right word...].
Camera model: DS-2CD2342WD-I. The camera is less than a year old. There's a "spot" that should not be there. The camera's lens has been cleaned; that did not remove it. It's not on the exterior of the lens.

Spot is visible at the bottom of the screen. Between the plant and the word "Rear".
(This file was recorded with a different NVR. Ignore the colour bars at start of file.)

I haven’t seen that issue before. If you move the camera’s area of observation even slightly, does the spot move to? If you view the cameras web interface is the spot still there? The spot seems to be translucent with a line through it, perhaps a mirror of the clothes line. The CCD might be damaged. Hikvision cameras have a 3 year warranty, might be best to return it.

Yes, the spot moves with the camera. It's definitely not the ground/objects being viewed. When a person stands in the "spot area", the person's leg/foot is obscured/foggy.

The CCD might be damaged.
If that is the case, the camera will need replacing.

From my previous Broadcast TV experience, it looks to me like a waterspot that has dried....
It might be on sensor

Back