01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Want to directly access Hikvision SD card

Hamblo

I have two security cameras, one is an FDT (Foscam) camera (FD7903) with PTZ, the other is a fixed Hikvision (DS-2CD2185FWD-IS). Both are attached to a 5 year old Dell Optiplex computer (Core-i5 CPU) via an old ADSL2+ modem (with wireless functionality disabled) so it is basically a closed ethernet network with no external access (Internet etc.). The PC has a workstation grade Nvidia Quadro graphics card, two 500GB hard drives and runs Windows 8.1 64bit. It is attached to a 32inch HD TV set.

The FDT camera software allows me to directly access the SD card from which I can directly view all clips and selectively download any that I want to keep. This is done via the browser (IE10), the clips being in .264 format. The FDT software also includes a simple viewer that enables me to view the clips in 'native' 264 mode, and a file converter enabling me to convert selected clips to more universal video formats such as .AVI.

What I'm wanting to do is to directly access the Hikvision's SD card and selectively view and download clips I need like the FDT. The Hikvision's download interface is very clunky and time consuming. Has anyone come across a way to directly access the Hikvision's SC card via an internet browser (e.g. IE)?

NB: I do not have an NVR. Both cameras are connected to the modem via Ethernet interface.

You should be able to login to the camera and use Playback from the top menu bar.

Back