01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Virtual Host setting in 4.5 Firmware (and a few other questions)

borat

Hi

Just received my I series NVR and it has the latest firmware installed on it, which seems to mean that a lot of previous instructions don't apply now. I am trying to find out how to enable virtual host, but its not in the network settings, which is where it seems it was in the last version. Has anyone else got latest firmware and are you able to see this?

I'm also struggling to get a NAS drive to be seen. I have done as suggested in the manual but it seems unable to see my network drives. Are there some special settings on the NAS share or anything else I may be missing?

I have some IP Cameras (Dahua) with AI features. I am assuming if I just set them up locally to recognise a human / vehicle, the NVR just treats the incoming trigger as motion? In other words, I won't see "Human" or "Vehicle" check boxes on the NVR.. but if I set an intrusion zone on the NVR, this should only be triggered when the camera AI triggers? Or, should I do all intrusion zones etc on the camera locally in a non Hikvision camera scenario?

Last question - I'd like to be able to record or back up directly to network or cloud storage in case of someone taking the NVR. The instructions are confusing as to whether this is possible. Any advice?

Thanks

Hi @borat

Which firmware version exactly is your NVR currently running? The actual latest firmware for the I-series NVR is v4.60.000

Back