01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Viewing cctv on my pc

skier-hughes

Hi,
I have a hikvision cctv set up and I'd like to view it on my pc.
I have logged in to the nvr, DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P
Firmware V3.4.101 build 180904 - this does have an updte button next to it, is there a later version I should be using, I'm not sure this would make the playback on the pc
On live view I have the list of cameras, but in the view screen I have "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug-in. "
I have downloaded the plugin, web components 3.0.6.27, I closed my browsers, I installed the plugin and still have the same screen.
I restarted pc, same screen.
I uninstalled the web components app and restarted pc, reinstalled web components and still have the same screen.

Any ideas?

I have downloaded and installed iVMS4200.
I've added my NVR.
I get a message pop up in the bottom right for about 1 second that says my camera is encrypted and something about setting the encryption key.
The manual says
1) Check Transmit Encryption(TLS).
2) Click Open Certificate Folder to open the default folder.
3) Copy the certificate file exported from the device to this default directory.
Note
You can log into the device to get the certificate file by web browser.

But I don't know how to find that certificate, any clues on this one? I've searched every setting in configuration.

That's assuming I am on the right track for setting the encryption!
Thanks

I'm sorted, thank you for the recommendation chrizzo, I needed to add the cameras to the group in a different way to that which I had done. I then found the stream key box in the modify settings, which I was missing.

Back