01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Using iVMS4200

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I am trying to use the Hikvision iVMS4200 on my Windows 10 computer.

I have the programme installed on my pc and it has picked up my NVR but, it will not display a list of my cameras that are connected. I have looked at many instructional videos on YouTube etc and in all of them it shows a list of the cameras that are connected to the system.

Obviously I am unable to use Live View etc at the moment and I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my cameras are connected directly into the back of my NVR.

Has any member on here got their system set up the way that I have and are able to use the full functionality of iVMS4200?

Many thanks for any help offered.

To narrow the issue down, was the Export to Group option ticked when you added your NVR?
After you clicked Add did you get a Import Succeeded! message in the bottom right of iVMS?
Then check the Group tab and see if the cameras are visible.

Hello StewartM. thank you for trying to help. I have just tried adding my NVR again by clicking on to 'Add to Client' and I made sure that the 'Export to Group' was ticked but even though the NVR then appeared in the top half of the screen. I got an error message that gave a number followed by the words 'No Permission'. The error message didn't stay on screen long enough for me to read it. I am using the correct password.

Hello again StewartM. I spotted that in your illustration that you were using the username as 'admin'. I tried this and it has worked!!!!
Having said that, the displayed image is not that good. I will have to fiddle around to see if I can sort it. Thanks a million for your help.

Great to hear. Regarding the image quality try this:
Turn Auto-change Stream Type off.

Then in Main View you can right-click the camera and change the stream type:

If that doesn't improve the image quality let me know.

Hi again, no improvement to the image I'm afraid, It's not too bad, I can live with it.

What I can't get at the moment is an image when clicking on 'Main View'

Normally in Main View you can click one of the Default View options and the screens will populate.
You can also drag one of the cameras to a viewing panel.
Are you getting an error message?

NVR and camera models?

When I click on 'main view' I still have the list of my cameras in the main area. If I try to drag anything into the area or click on one of the cameras in that area I get a message that says something about 'invalid encryption'

On your NVR, set the Encryption Key to the same password as the admin password and try again.

I'm really sorry about this, I'm being a bit of a pain aren't I!
When you say "On your NVR" do you mean via the actual NVR Menu as opposed to the iVMS4200 menu? Whichever it is, I cannot arrive at a screen similar to what you have posted above. I have been through all of the menus and sub-menus and cannot find anything related to an encryption key. I have found one called a verification Code which is correctly entered but nothing else.

I've managed to get to it by logging into Hikvision via Internet Explorer but changing the encryption key from what it is to be the same as the password hasn't made any difference.

Last edited:
Back