01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Urgent help required

Warriors2016

afternoon guys,

I have an issue with my Hikvision NVR and need help urgently, before I go away on holiday next week.

I have a DS7604 NVR which suddenly seems to have stopped working today. I heard the NVR beeping intermittently this morning and then realised that it was rebooting itself! I logged into the iVMS-4500 app and I was unable to view my cameras. I then turned on the TV to,view the cameras and got the same result,i.e. No cameras. I rebooted the nvr and the hikvision logo came on but then the screen went blank and .....nothing! I don't know if it's relevant, but the mouse also isn't working via the USB ports.

Any ideas please guys? I do t want to go away on holiday without cctv covering the house!!

I'd disconnect everything from the Nvr then try turning it off for a couple of minutes then back on again.
Then add the devices one by one starting with the monitor.

I'd disconnect everything from the Nvr then try turning it off for a couple of minutes then back on again.
Then add the devices one by one starting with the monitor.

iv tried turning it off then back on. It shows the hikvision logo on my TV, so I know the hdmi cable from the nvr to the to is ok. The screen then goes blank, so I can't see what I'm doing. I checked the wired devices on my network and noticed that the nvr didn't seem to be showing up! I can't remember how to log into the nvr via web browser, to see if anything there rings any bells.

Any other ideas please guys?

Use the Hik SADP tool to locate you nvr online. Then type the Nvr IP address in a web browser. Login will be the same as your nvr.

Hikvision Europe

I'll doubt the SADP tool will find your nvr though in its current state as nothing seems to be working. You could try disconnecting the hard drive and rebooting to see if that helps.

Maybe the Nvr power supply is faulty? Do you have another to try?

Use the Hik SADP tool to locate you nvr online. Then type the Nvr IP address in a web browser. Login will be the same as your nvr.

Hikvision Europe

I'll doubt the SADP tool will find your nvr though in its current state as nothing seems to be working. You could try disconnecting the hard drive and rebooting to see if that helps.

Maybe the Nvr power supply is faulty? Do you have another to try?

Thanks for the assistance. I will give that a try and see what happens. I installed the kit myself a couple of years ago now and I have totally forgotten how to set it all up etc. I don't have another power supply unfortunately and the supplier I got it off is like the Scarlett pimpernel.

Thanks again, I'll report back soon.

OK, very bizarre morning!

Yesterday, the feed to the TV seemed to be playing up, as it was showing the Hikvision logo, then going blank. This morning it was working, but intermittently. One of the cameras was working, but the other three weren't, so i unplugged all the cameras and plugged them into different ports - none worked.

plugged the one working camera into the working port and it came back on again. unplugged it and plugged each of the other cameras into the same port - none worked! plugged the original camera back in - didn't work!

I can now access the NVR via the web browser, so I don't know what the issue was there. ALL the cameras now show "no signal" and the camera status is showing the yellow triangle on each camera!

WTF!

Evening guys,

Rather than starting another thread, I though it easier to just use this existing one.

After the last lot of issues with my kit (as per previous posts above) I am in a similar situation again, only this time it seems much worse.

The NVR has yet again stopped working and none of the cameras work either!

The NVR keeps rebooting itself, both with and without the cameras connected. It occasionally lets me log in via the NVR itself, but then reboots again when I start to put in my password. Occasionally it will let me log in, but then It reboots when I click an icon! I have disconnected the HDD and tried to reset everything but still the same as above.

I can’t log in via web browser either!

I have tried everything I can think of, but still I can’t log in or get any of the cameras working, which is very frustrating as I currently have about a grands worth of useless kit!

As per every other time this kit has gone wrong, the guy I bought it off isn’t replying to me calls/voicemails or emails!

Any advice/guidance guys?

Thanks.

Back