01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

unusual problem watching hik nvr feeds re IE

dave h

im using internet explorer to access my hikvision nvr, through 3 pcs, 2 i use at home via wifi, and the third via a laptop remotely via vpn 150 miles away

all laptops are win10 running the same version of windows, i run IE as administrator on all machines, its also the same version of IE.

on the two pcs at home, i get the green boxes (vca?) when viewing the feeds , which is normal behaviour - and exactly what i want

on the laptop that access remotely via VPN, i do not get the green boxes when viewing the feed, tried a number of things to get them, but nothing obviously leaps out to me, any body got any idea as to why or how to resolve.

this really has me stumped!

Running the latest version of Hikvision's WebComponents on your laptop? It should be 3.0.6.43 or close to.

The colored markers in the browser are enabled/disabled on the camera via the Rules checkbox in Local>Configuration. If you have this enabled already, try Disable and Re-enable it. If that doesn't fix the issue on the laptop I suspect it's a port blocking rule with the VPN. Try changing the Server Port to one of the HTTP alternatives (8080 or 8008) on the NVR.
Alternatively see if you can open port 8000 on the VPN client or a perhaps a port forward. Keep us posted.

On the camera:

On the NVR:

hi

rules was not enabled on the nvr, now i enabled it and can see the markers in IE on my laptop via vpn, which is great

thankyou - i didn't expect that to work, i was moving towards it being a VPN related issue and writing a vpn rule

thanks ever so much for your help

Back