01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unifi G3

Gandan

Hello

Got me a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2 and after some trial and errors it now works fine with two Hikvision cameras. Real problems began with an Unifi UVC G3 cam wich I want to add, and now I'm stuck.
First of all the G3 doesn't have ONVIF but according to forum posts that shouldn't be nessecary. I set the camera in standalone mode, modify the IP to the subnet of the Hikvision NVR, turn it to static IP and move it to one of the NVR ports after restart.
NVR port is changed to actual IP. A new protocol is set up with RTSP stream "rtsp://192.168.1.254/s2" (wich worked on VLC on the ordinariy network). Have tried UDP, RTP over UDP and auto but nothing work and I now begin to get out of ideas of what to try more.
I find two things a little peculiar: management port is 0 and can't be changed and it seems user and password resets after every failure to include the camera. On the other side I didn't think there should be a control port when just catching the stream?

Are there anyone out there who have found out how to succeed with this?

Sorry but the RTSP stream is set to "rtsp://192.168.1.9:554/s2". Nothing else.

The evening is beginning to be late: "rtsp://192.168.1.254:554/s2". When trying on VLC before moving on to NVR the RTSP was set to "rtsp://192.168.1.9:554/s2"

Adding third-party cameras to the HikVision NVR's camera ports is a bit of a work-up:
Adding a Samsung IP camera to a HikVision NVR

Would it be simpler in your case to leave your camera connected to your general LAN / IP address?

Hello

I didn't realise that option was at hand and it has taken me one more step towards the solution I think. Hooked the camera up to the ordinary LAN and programmed the NVR with its IP (192.168.9), the administration port set to 554 (wrong?), protocol RTSP, port Auto, pathway streaming rtsp://192.168.1.9/s2. The result is the NVR now try to connect.
One irritating thing is the NVR seems to loose the password each time the dialog box is reopened.
Probably I continue to do some very basic thing wrong...

Is your NVR running the latest / recent firmware?
With an -I model you need to be aware of V3 versus V4 user interface:
New version 4 Firmware for HikVision NVRs

You'll find links for downloading and a guide to updating in those threads.

Are you using Internet Explorer to make your settings / save your changes?

FW V4.1.50
IE yes, and now it seems not to take my password at all :-(

Edit: apparently you can't copy-paste the password. Now the NVR takes the password again although I have to rewrite it every time I open the dialogue box

Last edited:
Problem solved! RTSP pathway was in wrong format. Should be "//[IP nr]:[port nr]/[ch nr]/main/s1". Can't say I consider that to be obvious but really glad to have it fixed :)

Last edited:
Not solved :-(. Disconnected the camera from POE and moved to another place. After that it refused to reconnect. Have gone through all settings again and they are exactly as when it worked. Soon this camera will go through the window...

Continue this thread if anybody else maybe find him/her to have same problems including a Unifi G3 as I had.
Now it's up working again and I honestly really don't understand why now and why not yesterday...
Here is the protocol configuration anyway:
G3 protocol.PNG

Back