01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to send email notifications with cam DS-2CD2442FWD-IW

IAM

Hi,

I'm new woth hickvison. I just bought an brand new IP Cam DS-2CD2442FWD-IW with the following firmware:

The firmware seems up-to-date (it not so easy to find current version on different Hickvison server)

First it seems, that the plugins for current chrome and firefox versions doesn't work (I tried to install it, but all tries fail).
Then I downloaded the iVMS4200 for Mac, version 1.02.05.02. After some investigation I could activate the cam and see the livestream.

Then I tried to enable motion dection and email notification, after some youtubes and web research, email notification from the iVMS SW works.

So gmail should be configured in the right way. It seem, its not an issue with google mail.

I tried to configure the cam for email notificatioj, but this fails .......

As you can see, it's a new surface to configure, I could find an example using this. Testing it results in this message ..
Failed to send test email, please check the email settings (should not the issue see above) or network connection There are no firewall issues.

Any idea whats happen? Many thx in advance.

Peter

Last edited:
Have you configured all of the camera's Network Settings?
Issue with playback failing from certain time

BTW - It is simplest to use the Internet Explorer browser to configure your camera in the first instance.
However, I use the Google Chrome browser all day every day via the IEtab extension which emulates Internet Explorer in Chrome.
To use Firefox, you would need to revert to an older/frozen version which still contains the NPAPI plugin (not really recommended).

Hi, i think the network settings are ok ... thx for your hints refering browsers ....

Hi,

solved I used the safari Browser to konfigure the cam. Here you choose TLS and Port 465. This combination works, so testmail was successfull.

Back