01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Unable to see view cameras on Hik connect app.

cazmal

Hi

I seem to be having the opposite problem to many. I can view the cameras on my macbook using iVMS-4200 but they are listed as offline on my android phone.
The system we have is configured as follows:
Main router in house connects by "point-to-point" microwave to a router in the barn. The router in the barn has not changed but we have just switched the main house router to EE home 4g (previously BT homehub5). I can connect my mobile and macbook to the barn wifi and the camera system obviously also connects to it still as I can see them via the macbook.
On iVMS the remote cameras are shown as offline - I believe these are the ones that show in HIK Connect. How can I get the remote cameras online?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

HikConnect activates often the encoding security protocoll! You can disable it in the recorder directly and also in hikconnect app to solve the problem.

The system we have is configured as follows:
Main router in house connects by "point-to-point" microwave to a router in the barn. The router in the barn has not changed but we have just switched the main house router to EE home 4g (previously BT homehub5). I can connect my mobile and macbook to the barn wifi and the camera system obviously also connects to it still as I can see them via the macbook.
On iVMS the remote cameras are shown as offline - I believe these are the ones that show in HIK Connect. How can I get the remote cameras online?

Sorry, I can't quite follow this.
Do you actually have two routers?

Sorry, I can't quite follow this.
Do you actually have two routers?

Yes - the main router as normal in the house then the signal is amplified across the yard to a second router in the barn. If you want wifi or internet access in the barn you log onto the barn router.
The signal is taken across the yard using a set up like THIS

Ok, thanks for sharing, that is actually just an Access Point (AP):
https://wifigear.co.uk/media/attachment/file/n/f/nft_1ni_datasheet.pdf

You only have the one router.
The wireless bridge extends your network to the barn.
The AP in the barn lets people join the network via Wi-Fi in the barn.
You effectively only have one network, stretched to the barn, manged by one router.
So, one set of IP addresses, hopefully all in the same domain range, all under that one router.

Now I just need to understand your last sentence/question:

Are you using the Hik-Connect App on your mobile phone.
If so, problems often arise with remote access after replacing your router.
Most are covered in this thread:
Hik-Connect portal error message "No device is found. Make sure that the serial No. is correct and the device is connected properly."

Thanks for your response Phil.

Yes, I am using HIk Connect on the phone.

The camera system was set up by a security company - they have set it up so that remote cameras show up on iMVS4200 - I was told that these are the ones seen on the mobile app (Hik Connect).
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 16.18.53.png

I have run through the suggestions on the thread and have come up with these issues -
1. the DNS address is a router address.
2. on the platform access tab the server is set up as dev.eu.hik-connect.com will this make a difference?

Thanks for your help.

1. the DNS address is a router address.

It's OK for the DNS to be set to the router's IP address (or typically/normally that's OK).
Is the router address that is set there the address of the new router?
i.e. does you new router have the same IP address as your old router?
You could test it with the Google DNS addresses e.g. 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

2. on the platform access tab the server is set up as dev.eu.hik-connect.com will this make a difference?
Yes, that's fine - they vary the url through firmware versions.

As you are now using a 4G router you might need to check with EE whether they know of any problems.
Tell them what you have / are trying to do.
They may be blocking ports / outgoing traffic which is preventing the Hikvision kit from 'phoning home'.
Or, stopping you from getting in from outside when you do try to access your system.

Ok. So the ip address for dns server was different from the router ip address. I have changed it to the correct address and will wait for the system to either work or not!

Back