01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to edit/save DNS or select DHCP tick Box on Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR

mach1ne

Hi...As the title suggests I am unable to keep any Network IP changes after I hit the save button.
Here's a summary:
So all was fine and dandy with my setup, I could use and view cameras remotely using the app etc. All 6 of my cameras were powered via my network switch and all on the same Lan, however i had run out of ports on my switch and I needed one for a computer, so I decided to use the ethernet ports which were sitting doing nothing on my NVR for my cameras thus freeing up 6 ports on my switch.

All went fine with the camera move from the main Lan to the 192.168.254.1 internal IP of the NVR, all cameras were happily working and recording etc.
However I happened to notice that the HIK-Connect was not working and upon checking I could see that I had no DNS settings on the NVR, I was unable to select the DNS field via the NVR frontend, the DHCP was unchecked (which is fine as I use a manual IP) also just to note that I was unable to select that DHCP box or any other setting on that page other than the IP, subnet and gateway.
OK i thought I'll just use the browser to access the NVR and change it there, so i logged in and I could enter the DNS settings so I popped the router ip as one of the settings and goggle's 8.8.8.8 as the backup one, hit save and then I got a message to say that settings were changed and saved etc...Great I thought sorted! however upon checking the settings it had not saved them!!!

Ok feck it, I'll set up a static dhcp address and let the router do the work, but again I was unable to set DHCP via the front end so I tried the browser to tick the DHCP box...nope nothing, it would not let me tick it.
Right I thought, time to use the SADP tool to change it then! So i fired that up and noticed that there was no option to add a DNS entry with this tool, but I could select DHCP and save it...But yet again it would not keep the setting and upon refreshing the SADP tool the IP details were as before and DHCP was not enabled.

So I am now stuck and run out of ideas...So that's my situation, anyone shed any light on this?

For extra info, I tried updating the firmware to see if that helped but no joy (Firmware version is - V3.4.101 Build 180904)

****UPDATE****
Turns out the option PPPOE option blocks these fields from being saved, uncheck that option and bob's your uncle.

Back