01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trying to re use old wall mounts

Bralhcsevad

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question or not... I have 9 old (2012 ish) American Dynamics Illustra wall mounts that I would like to update with new cameras. Does any one know of a compatibility list?

Hi @Bralhcsevad

We have no experience with this particular camera brand, but a quick look at their product range would suggest that their accessories are not designed to be used with multiple camera models and so if using newer models you will likely need new brackets.

The only way I think you would get any further confirmation of this would be to contact American Dynamics directly with the details of your bracket models to see if they can recommend any compatible current camera models.

Hi @Bralhcsevad

We have no experience with this particular camera brand, but a quick look at their product range would suggest that their accessories are not designed to be used with multiple camera models and so if using newer models you will likely need new brackets.

The only way I think you would get any further confirmation of this would be to contact American Dynamics directly with the details of your bracket models to see if they can recommend any compatible current camera models.
Hi Dan,

My guess is that nothing else will work with them due to the fact that they were originally installed by Tyco/Johnson Controls who is notorious for everything being proprietary. I was just hoping that there was an outside chance that there was a magical compatibility list floating around on the internet.

Thanks!

Back