01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

This page can't be displayed

chrisots

Hi.
I have an unusual issue. I closely monitor 4 CCTV systems that are from different locations. Two of the systems are 4Ch, and 2 are 8Ch.
Periodically, and sometimes for no reason whatsoever, the 8Ch NVR's will become inaccessible via a web browser giving the "this page can't be displayed" message, you can still access them perfectly via IVMS, both the mobile and PC version.

This sometimes seems to happen if say IE has locked up and I've had to end task it, but it seems specific to the 8Ch's only, the 4Ch's never seem to do it.

To resolve this I have to access the NVR via IVMS-4200 and restart the NVR, after which it becomes accessible again and works fine.

I've raised this previously with Hik UK, and the supplier I purchased through sent me another to see how that was, but it made no odds.

The details of the NVR's are:
NVR-108M-A - 8Ch - Has the issue
DS-7608NI-E2 - 8Ch - Has the issue
DS-7604NI-E1 - 4Ch - Doesn't have the issue
DS7604NI-E1 - 4Ch - Doesn't have the issue

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Keen to hear more about this. Are the eight channel NVRs on the latest firmware? Is this a recent development, by that I mean did the eight channel NVRs always have this issue with IE? Out of interest, have you tried clearing the cache on IE then try to reconnect (don't restart the 8ch NVRs). Keep us posted.
1546269950116.png

Hi Stewart.
The firmware's are as follow:
NVR-108M-A - 8Ch - V3.4.95 Build 170706
DS-7608NI-E2 - 8Ch - V3.4.92 Build 170228
DS-7604NI-E1 - 4Ch - V3.4.62 Build 160503
DS7604NI-E1 - 4Ch - V3.4 0 Build 151103

When I spoke to HikUK tech support some time ago (around 1 year) they got me to update the firmware on the unit I had at the time but it didn't make any difference.

It isn't a recent development, it has been happening for quite some time, it's just one of the "round to it" jobs that I never got round to sorting out.

I haven't previously tried your suggestion, but shall do.

The other strange thing it periodically does is (and I can't recall if this just relates to the 8 ch or both 4 & 8ch), it will display the NVR pages, i.e. live view, playback, etc. but when you click to view live view it says "Live view failed" or "Playback failed", and again you will need to restart the NVR after which it will work fine.

Hard to say where the issue lies. Have you tried a different browser other than IE? If so, do you get the same issue?

Just a thought, check the version of WebComponents you are running. The latest is 3.0.6.43. Download it and run it as administrator when all browsers are closed.

Just had a look at the "plugin version" which I'm guessing is the correct one, it says 3.0.6.8 on both the 8 ch, where as on the 4ch one says 3.0.6.1, and another 3.0.5.43. Where can I download the latest version from?

Not sure where to find the official download link. I'm prompted to update when I'm connected to the IP camera via IE or Chrome. I can't attach the version I'm using due to forum restrictions. I've uploaded it to Google Drive here: Hikvision – Google Drive

Back