01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Third Stream on Hikvision DVR?

mestizomad

Hi,

Is there any way that i can setup a third stream for my Hikvision DS-7208HTHI-K2 8 Channel DVR?

I have 8 x 4K / 8MP cameras that are on 4K / 8MP @ 12FPS for my main stream and then i have a sub stream set around 960 x 480 @ 6FPS.

But ideally, i would like a third stream set to 1080p / 2MP @ 6FPS.

For when viewing on my iphone, which has a max resolution of 1080p and the 4K main stream uses far too much data, but the current max sub stream isn't great.

Thanks

Marcus

From my understanding - third streams only work in certain circumstances. I don't think you can view it directly via your NVR. I use third streams as 'live-streams' and a program called OBS takes the stream and converts it for transmission. I have a feeling that it's intended for live-streaming - but happy to learn from other more established members as to how you might be able to access it.

Hi @mestizomad

Looking at the specs, I don't think that your DVR has the option for a third stream as it would be shown in the datasheet.
E.g. IP cameras often offer this when connected to NVRs and this is usually enabled automatically.

Even so, I don't believe that you can use this third stream in Hik-Connect, just the main stream ("HD") and sub-stream ("basic").

I hope someone can help me here. I have a DS-7216HQI-K2 Version V4.25 Build 200925. I am trying to connect using HDMI and VGA. I can watch the cameras on my tv using the hdmi but unable to watch on another monitor using VGA... I am hoping I dont have to upgrade the DVR and change all the cameras if the DVR is old.

Back