01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Stripey image on Live View

Jamo

Hi guys, pretty new to the scene...

I have purchased a DS-2CD2385FWD-I

I have connected it to the back of my BT HOME HUB 5.0 using a CAT5e patch cable.
The camera doesn't seem to power via the cat5 so I have powered it separately with a 12v 2a plug. (The red light shows when its plugged in)

Downloaded SADPTool and activated the camera.

Typed in 192.168.1.64, logged in successfully however this is the picture I get on my PC browser...
IMG_5845.jpg

Can anyone suggest what I have done wrong or not done at all?

Thanks

J

Hmm, that's an odd effect - are you still seeing it?
Are you using the Internet Explorer browser on your laptop?
Windows 10?

BTW - no routers provide POE power.
This is our most cost-effective POE injector - Level One POI-2002 Single Port POE Injector

Are you confident that your PSU is 12 volts DC, centre-pin positive.
The power rating that you state should be more than enough, and the camera is obviously up and working.

Maybe try different network cables?

Is the laptop using wi-fi?
Is the bandwidth of that wi-fi OK?

Hi Phil thanks for your reply.

I’ll find the exact specs of the power adapter later.

I have used three different LAN cables with the same result.

The laptop I am using in the pic is windows XP service pack 2 and Mozilla firefox. Internet explorer shows the same result (I think)

As a side note, I set up the camera using the Mac interface as that is my primary laptop.
Safari version 11, Firefox and also chrome all fail to load the live page plug in, even though I have installed the latest plug in.. :-(

Should I try the hik connect iPhone app and see what happens there?

Cheers

James

yes I am in the dark ages when it comes to Windows!

back to the mac, i have downloaded and installed that same plug in about 4 times now (with all browsers closed) and mac rebooted and all I get is this:

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 15.49.45.png

Perhaps because you have bitrate set to constant?
If you allow that to vary (set it to variable), you can probably then change the video quality.

Back