01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Small metal Washer found whilst disassembling a 2385

Jamo

As I was installing an SD card into my turret 2385 I have found this washer type thing, where about does it go?

IMG_5862.jpg

Thanks!

Hi @Jamo

That washer attaches to the locking screw on the underside of the camera (see photo below), it's meant to stop you from unscrewing the locking screw completely but some people like to be able to remove this screw so if it is too fiddly to reattach it you can just leave the screw without the washer.

IMG_20190321_092330.jpg

What it looks like to me: on the mounting base plate there is a small screw that secures the camera housing. On the back of that screw is a c clip that prevents the screw from being fully unscrewed.

Edit - treed by Dan!

Thank you fellas, that makes a lot of sense, cheers!

I’m only new to this forum but I’m very impressed with the knowledge and speed of replies! Kudos!

So after installing the SD card on said camera, does the camera record to the card by default?

I have had it plugged in for 10 minutes and loaded up ivms 4200 on the mac, formatted the sd card and think ive set it to continuous but cant seem to find any recordings as such, nor does the available space on the sd card seem to change?

Thanks

J

Patience please - there is a chunk size that needs to be written before you'll see it, and be able to replay.
If you still need help with this topic, could you start a new thread please.
It just helps folk to find the same issues and solutions in future, thanks.

Patience please - there is a chunk size that needs to be written before you'll see it, and be able to replay.
If you still need help with this topic, could you start a new thread please.
It just helps folk to find the same issues and solutions in future, thanks.

Noted and yes will do, many thanks

Back