01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Shutting down DS-7604NI-K1-4P

sgjohnston

The manual is clear that the NVR should be cleanly shut down before switching off, but there's no way I can see to do this without an attached monitor - which I don't have. All of the remote access methods have no option for shutdown. I did find an option to switch on ssh access, which would be perfect - but although this seems to start an ssh server, I've not managed to actually log in this way - always getting Permission denied. Does anyone know how to make ssh work properly, or any way to remotely shut down?

OK, I did finally manage to log in over ssh - using root rather than admin for the login name (with the admin password). But... no way to shut down from the command line! It seems that the newer firmware is very restricted, and doesn't have the poweroff command. So the problem still remains, any thoughts on remote poweroff?

Hi Cardoso,

Unfortunately, the current firmware doesn't have tenet at all (although it does have ssh, which is an improvement). But... once logged in, there is no access to either poweroff or reboot. Very frustrating! I'm not sure quite what they're thinking, why removing poweroff would be a good idea. Anyway, if there are any other suggestions, that would be great, otherwise it seems like just removing the port is the only option.

Even the shutdown command via local menu doesn't actually shut the NVR down - it still awaits you to physically power it off once it gives you the go ahead.

Whilst Hikvision recommend properly shutting it down, it's so roundabout to do so and it's not too critical if you're unable to.

I have to shut down my NVR (same model) and do not have a monitor hooked to it. Is there a way to do a clean shutdown in the new firmware?

Or Turning off the power button is acceptable?

I'm afraid they don't provide any shut down method.
So we have to assume that powering-down is acceptable.

1549447196521.png

Back