01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setup motion recording on DS-2CD2646G1-IZ(S) setup help? Different than other cams?

MetalEarth

Hi,

First, I am a bit of a Hik newbie so maybe it is my lack of experience that is the real problem :).

I have the above camera and was pulling my hair out trying to get the motion recording to work. I am used to doing the following:
  1. Event > Basic Event > Enable Motion Detection
  2. Storage > Schedule Settings > Enable, Set to motion, copy to all days.
Done and done.

On this newer EasyIP 4.0 DS-2CD2646G1-IZ(S) camera those steps do not work. I had to do some extra configuration to make motion recording work.
  • System > Maintenance > System Service and under the software section, > Enable Motion Detection first then complete the above steps 1 and 2. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this or if I am loosing my mind..

Is this an added step with these newish cameras?

motion.JPG

Camera Firmware - this is a US market camera.

cam firm (2).JPG

Thanks in advance for any/all help. I hope someone can confirm this is normal.

Last edited:
Your way ahead of us - no EasyIP 4.0 in the UK yet.
Did it ship with that firmware, or did you update it to that version yourself?
For the EasyIP 3.0 cameras firmware versions .70 and .71 were pulled due to issues arising.
We were recommended to propose .63, but .64 seems fine too.

Hi Phil - thanks for your reply. The camera did ship with that firmware.

I suspect this is the new way to enable Motion Record as it relates to other features in "AcuSense" features. Here is a clearer view of that text. These features must be have deeper pinnings in the new firmware. Even requires a reboot. Makes sense as motion detection is pretty far away from that other features that are similar. I hope it makes them all work more acusenseably... :-).

"Note: If Motion Detection is enabled, certain functions such as Intrusion Detection, Line Crossing Detection, Region Entrance Detection, and Region Exit Detection are not supported. New settings will take effect after a reboot."

Thanks again for your reply.

Back