01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up my Hikvision NVR 4.0 to use both hdmi outputs?

hh copper

Hello--The HK nvr i bought seems to be a fine machine--been trying to configure my second monitor--the manual does not cover it--i have had to stumble along without knowing the correct procedure--hk does not seem to have a specific sheet to cover this--can you point me to getting a manual supplement or other instruction to cover the second hdmi output within the NVR 4.0 interface--DS 7716NI-I4-16P version B [two HDMI outputs-configure separate displays]--perhaps someone has made a youtube video that covers this or some has taken the time to sketch out some instructions--I keep running into menus that i don't understand--Thank You

Hi @hh copper

We don't have any hands-on experience with the dual-HDMI NVR models, but looking at the user manual it states this:

If your device has 2 HDMI interfaces and 2 VGA interfaces. HDMI1 and VGA1 are the main ports, and videos output are provided simultaneously. HDMI2 and VGA2 are auxiliary ports, and videos output are provided simultaneously.

So this would suggest that if using both HDMI outputs you would need to use the AUX monitor button to switch between main HDMI1 and auxiliary HDMI2, see the I-series NVR part of this forum post that explains how to configure AUX monitor mode.

I have 2 uniview IP cameras and am looking for the least expensive option for an NVR that will have 2 HDMI ports so I can have one camera feed to one TV and another camera feed to another TV. I want to use HDMI and not VGA. Any recommendations?

Back