01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up motion/ human detection notifications on a Securefast camera?

SpyBot

Just bought one of these from Tool Station

There is no manual with it and the manufacturer's web site has no visible manual too! And their offices are now closed until Monday so thought I would ask here

Anyway I have managed to install the camera and view it live on my machine but I need to set up motion/ human detection notifications on it so when something passes the camera I am notified of it

In the setting the camera is set to "Human Notification" as set to on (please see the attachment) but every time I walk past the camera nothing happens

Any advice on this one please?
Thanks

Hi @SpyBot

Can you please share a screenshot of the menu in the app where you are seeing "Human Notification"?

"Human Notification" sounds more like it relates to receiving notifications than configuring the event, I would expect the app to offer a separate menu to configure smart events.

If there is no configuration menu in the app then there must be another way to configure these settings (either a desktop software or via a browser), you would probably be best off contacting the manufacturer using the email address on that datasheet you have attached above (sales@securefast.co.uk).

Hi @SpyBot

Can you please share a screenshot of the menu in the app where you are seeing "Human Notification"?
Sorry about that I forgot to upload it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240816-181721.png
    Screenshot_20240816-181721.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240818-190745.png
    Screenshot_20240818-190745.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240818-190957.png
    Screenshot_20240818-190957.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20240818-191028.png
    Screenshot_20240818-191028.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 31
"Human Notification" sounds more like it relates to receiving notifications than configuring the event, I would expect the app to offer a separate menu to configure smart events.
nufacturer using the email address on that datasheet you have attached above (sales@securefast.co.uk).
I have other cameras and what they do is as soon as someone walks in front of the camera the camera sounds an alarm and records and sends a notification to my phone, that is what i need this camera to do

Thanks @SpyBot

It looks like you've done everything correctly and I can't see any other menus for configuring smart events, I think you are going to be best off contacting the manufacturer and/or company you bought from.

Thanks @SpyBot

It looks like you've done everything correctly and I can't see any other menus for configuring smart events, I think you are going to be best off contacting the manufacturer and/or company you bought from.
Sure I have contacted the company, but the teck guy seems to want me to go back into my alarm setting and look at that; even though we went through it before with him over the phone

Back