01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Second Hand DVR - Please Help

mattpom

Hi All,

Question 1

This has probably been covered numerous times but I hope somebody can help me.

I purchased a HIK Vision DVR - Model: DS-7208HQHI-F2/N/A0820161118CCWR******WCVU from a user on eBay, it is password locked and the guy who sold it to me says he can't remember the password, I have also checked on Hik Connect and it says it is registered to another user, which I presume must be him!

My question is, if he can't remember the password then is the DVR not useable?

I have managed to unlock an older firmware version of dvr using the reset code tool but this particular DVR appears to be the newer firmware and won't let you click on the bottom corner of the login box, it has a draw pattern option first and if you click forgot password it comes up with the login screen with a green question mark bottom left and again you can't double click.

I have seen a tool for windows but the problem is all our computers are Mac, does anybody know if this tool will work?

its called - HikvisionPasswordResetHelper.exe

or is my only option to contact Hikvision with the guid file?

Question 2

My old DVR model number: DS-7204HGHI-SH0420150715AAWR*********WCVU

the firmware seems well old as it says extranet access and not platform access, I have downloaded a firmware file from the site, details below.

It seems self explanatory but just wanted to be double sure, is this the latest and correct firmware?

Thanks in advance

Matt

• Baseline Firmware_DS-71_72_73_80_81_9000HQHI(HGHI)-SH_ML_V3.3.2build151123
    • Software Name:
      Baseline Firmware_DS-71_72_73_80_81_9000HQHI(HGHI)-SH_ML_V3.3.2build151123
    • Software Size:

• Software Description:

Support Models:
      DS-7100HGHI-SH, DS-7100HQHI-SH, DS-7200HGHI-SH, DS-7200HQHI-SH, DS-7300HGHI-SH, DS-7300HQHI-SH, DS-8100HGHI-SH, DS-8100HQHI-SH, DS-8000HQHI-SH, DS-90000HQHI-SH
      Updates:
      1. Password creating is required before using the DVR (Local GUI menu, web browser, client software and SADP software are optional);
      2. Password strength prompts(Risk,Weak, Medium, Strong) in DVR local GUI menu, web browser, client software and SADP software, and risk password is not permitted;
      3. Lock the remote IP addresses for 30 minutes once login with wrong username or password after several times;
      4. Can not be downgraded to lower firmare version;

5. Other updates.

Note: Telnet access is not available.

• Download:
      download

Maybe this video could help?

I just recently got a 7204HQHI model. Was looking for a recent firmware but was unsure on the hikvision site which one to DL.

The firmware for all of the HikVision NVRs is here:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/DVR

If you have any doubt about whether the firmware is correct for your specific model please check the 'Related product list' in the associated Release Notes. If there are no Release Notes for the very latest version, then check for an earlier firmware version in the same section (same will apply)
1526288765249.png

1526288765249.png

Back