01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Router Replaced

Maribel

My Verizon Fios router was replaced and now I can’t see live view on my mobile device, iVMS-4500 application. Please let me know what I need to do.
I can see the cameras that are connected to my TV with no problems. I just can’t see live view from my mobile device. Help!

Hi @Maribel

It is likely that the IP range of your network has changed, to find your router address please follow the instructions in these posts for Mac users and PC users

You will also need to know the IP address of the NVR, If the 2 addresses are not on the same range (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.5.xxx) then you will need to change the IP address of the NVR to match the router, this can be done in the network settings using a directly connected monitor.

Also, the iVMS-4500 app is the old Hikvision app, Hikvision now use Hik-connect - we would recommend switching to using Hik-connect

Hi @Maribel

It is likely that the IP range of your network has changed, to find your router address please follow the instructions in these posts for Mac users and PC users

You will also need to know the IP address of the NVR, If the 2 addresses are not on the same range (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.5.xxx) then you will need to change the IP address of the NVR to match the router, this can be done in the network settings using a directly connected monitor.

Also, the iVMS-4500 app is the old Hikvision app, Hikvision now use Hik-connect - we would recommend switching to using Hik-connect
Thanks Dan. Do I need to make any changes on the menu, configuration or settings? Or these new addresses are simply for the app? Sorry I’m not sure what I am doing here.

Hi @Maribel

Also, how do I find the IP address of the NVR?

Hi @Maribel

You can find the NVR IP address using a directly connected monitor by going to menu and clicking Configuration > Network and there you will see the IPv4 address of the NVR, if the range of this address matches the router (e.g. 192.168.1.xxx) then something else is causing the problem but if it is different then simply click on the address and change the 3rd number (xxx.xxx.1.xxx) to match the router address.

Hi @Maribel

You cannot accidentally delete the IP address of the NVR. I assume you are saying that you made a note of the IP address when you set it up originally and now can't find that.

That doesn't matter, if you have a directly connected monitor you can just follow the instruction I gave you above to find out what IP address your NVR is using and if different to the router address you can then change it to match the router range.

if you still need help please share with us a photo of the network page from the NVRs menu and the IP address of your router.

Back