01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote diagnose of not working camera

Baumi

Hi,

Recently I have installed 4 cameras (DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS). Cameras are powered by PoE and they were working fine for couple of days. Yesterday one of the cameras seems ofline. Unfortunatelly I'm not there but I have a guy there that can check some stuff for me but he cannot climb the leadder to the camera itself. I can see that the port on the switch the camera is connected is not blinking (same when chaning port). Restarting camera by unlugging it from poe adapter / changing ports on poe adapter doesn't work. All other cameras still works fine. Is there anything that can be done remotely / on the server side without having physical access to camera to find out why it is not working? Any ideas?

Sorry, I don't think so.
I think you'll need to fetch that camera near the NVR and test it with a short/bought patch lead.
The biggest cause of failure is water ingress to the network connector :(

Thanks for reply. I will take a look at it when I'm on site. If this is true and we had some water issues what could be possible damages?

Hi! Thanks for great post, but this just pointing out the cause of the failure not possible damages done to the camera.

The cameras are not usually 'damaged' by water ingress to the connector.
Normally, if you repair / replace the connection the camera is fine.

Back