01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote configuration of my cameras from another country?

prop

i have 3 ip ptz camera and use ivms 4200 to view and record them. will i be able to remotely configure them from another country?

i have 3 ip ptz camera and use ivms 4200 to view and record them. will i be able to remotely configure them from another country?
If you can currently access them via iVMS-4200 outside of your network you should be able to, it depends on how your system is currently setup:

1. Are the cameras directly on your network or behind an NVR

2. How are they connected to iVMS-4200? Using Hik-Connect login or using their IP addresses? If the latter you would need to ensure they are accessible using the routers external IP address. If they’re connected using the local (192.168.?.?) address/ addresses you would need to either set up port forwarding or set up a VPN to access them as is.

cameras directly on network

connected by ip address

would it be better to connect by hiconnect login?

It gets a little more complicated when the cameras are not connected to an NVR. If you were, you’d simply get the NVR working with Hik-Connect and all cameras would work with that one connection. If the cameras are separate devices on the network you have three options.

1 - Add each camera individually to Hik-Connect, enabling UPnP NAT on the camera. The camera will map ports automatically in your router using UPnP. When you login to your Hik-Connect in iVMS-4500 or using the Hik-Connect app, your cameras will be viewable remotely.

2 - Alternatively you can set up individual port forwarding rules for each camera in the router. That’s more of a mess on, as without changing the ports on each camera, you will need to map different external ports for each camera to avoid conflict. You would also need a static IP address for your router or a dynamic DNS address to automatically update the dynamic IP address of your connection.

3 - if your router can be set up with vpn you could do it that way. After enabling the VPN connection from your remote location, the cameras would be visible as they are now.

Option 1 is probably your best bet. It’s the easiest to set up.

i`m using ivms 4200 not 4500 is there any difference?

i`m using ivms 4200 not 4500 is there any difference?
Apologies that’s my typo/auto complete - iVMS-4500 was the old mobile app that was discontinued in Feb 22. I meant 4200 (the PC app)

so i should be able to view the cameras with 4200 on my laptop from a remote location without using hiconect?

so i should be able to view the cameras with 4200 on my laptop from a remote location without using hiconect?
Not without additional port forwarding and configuration as described.

i can get to the settings page of the cameras when i am not logged inti hiconnect , and i can`t find where i can enable UPnP NAT . when i try to add it with hiconnect logged in it says camera already added by others. do i have to delete them first?

ok i got to the page with the nat settings and it says UPnP is enabled already.

i can get to the settings page of the cameras when i am not logged inti hiconnect , and i can`t find where i can enable UPnP NAT . when i try to add it with hiconnect logged in it says camera already added by others. do i have to delete them first?
You might already have Hik-Connect set up and not realise. Did you install the cameras or someone else? If you login to the Hik-Connect app on a phone (or iVMS-4200) while not connected to your network (use mobile data) can you see your cameras?

Click on Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access. Is Hik-Connect enabled and does it show 'online' for each camera?

If they are showing 'Online' they are connected to the Hik-Connect service. If you cannot see them while you are logged into your Hik-Connect account then there are a few possibilities. As you get the message that it's already been added by others that indicates that the camera(s) have been linked to an account:

1 - You have a Hik-Connect account already perhaps with a different e mail address and they were linked to that
2 - Someone else (the installer possibly) linked them to their account.

The devices can only be linked to one account

Last edited:
installed myself
can only see 2 of 3 cameras with cell data
the only camers i can`t see is the only camera that shows up when i log into hiconnect in the ivms on my laptop

installed myself
can only see 2 of 3 cameras with cell data
the only camers i can`t see is the only camera that shows up when i log into hiconnect in the ivms on my laptop
I'm not sure what you've done wrong. It makes no sense that two cameras are available on cell/mobile which usually means they're on Hik-Connect, then don't show when logged in on iVMS (when the remaining one shows)

Something is messed up with your Hik-Connect setup on either your cameras, your account or both.

Click on Network > Advanced Settings > Platform Access. Is Hik-Connect enabled and does it show 'online' for each camera?

If they all show online when you check the above on each camera it might be that the cameras are registered to 2 different accounts but it's difficult to say. You should be able to look at your account online and see which cameras are registered to it.

I had a look at your other posts and it seems you've been having issues with getting them online since 2021 so there's probably not much more I can suggest.

i just got a 7100 turbo dvr and installed a hard drive. what software do i run for my pc?

Back