01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Remote Access to NVR Setup and Maintenance?

dacmoreira

Hi!

I need your help as I am new to this CCTV world.

I have a Hikvision NVR 7600 and 2 cameras at home, and I would like to be able to configure the NVR without being at home.

That is, change your settings, enable or disable audio recording, etc., but do it away from home without having to connect your PC or monitor to the NVR to configure it.

Is this possible? If yes, how should I do it?

Thanks!

Yes it's possible but you need a static public IP address and a router that allows port forwarding/port redirection. And there are risks involved and things to consider. See this example I posted here about opening up port 8000 to have a direct IP connection from Hik-Connect app to an NVR:

If you want access to the NVR web interface it's the same method/risks but a different port (80 or 443).

An easier way (I don't know if it's safer or not) might be to install some sort of remote access software like Teamviewer and then you dial into your home PC from a remote location and do the configuration from your home PC. Although I am not sure Teamviewer offer a free unattended licence any more. I think the free licence pops up a window on the PC you are dialing into and someone has to authorise the connection.

Thank you all.
I'll try to do some tests, if I have difficulties or doubts I'll ask for help again.

Back