01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Recording fisheye views - do I need multiple channels on the NVR?

alepalin

Hi,
I'm evaluating purchasing a fisheye camera (DS-2CD2955FWD-IS) which AFAIU supports 14 display modes. Do you know if I need multiple channels available on the NVR for seeing more than one and possible record them? (my nvr supports 8 camera and I have 7 connected already).
Thanks

Hi @alepalin

If you look at p33 of the Fisheye User Manual you will see how the fisheye image is displayed and how the display modes work.

The camera does not support splitting its different display modes into separate channels, the 2955 will only appear as one channel on the NVR so if you have the display configured with the fisheye image split into a 4-way view that the 4-way split will appear within one channel window when you are live streaming multiple live views on the NVR.

Thanks @Dan !
So if I'm getting this right, I would have to select my preferred split in the live view configuration of the camera (say, the "Live view with 1 fisheye view and 8 PTZ views" one) and that is what the NVR would "see" coming from the camera and record, for example in case of motion events.
Cheers

Reactions: Dan
Yes, the NVR will display the live view layout you have configured in the camera settings.

Back