01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with Windows version of IVMS-4200

I have set up IVMS-4200 on a Mac and it works, and can connect to 3 different devices (hybrid DVRs). However, when I setup IVMS-4200 on Win10 it lets me add all the devices but when I go to Main View it doesn't give me a list of the 3 devices to select from. I just see the display as per the attached file and I can't see any devices at all

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 15.06.16.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 15.06.16.png
    521 KB · Views: 1,046
I have done a bit more experimenting and if I create a group then I get some degree of success (some of the devices work but not all). Is it true that it can only be used if one creates groups. I didn't need to do that on the Mac version.

I must say I really do find IVMS-4200 a rather clunky program. It's very very slow and the UI is not at all intuitive. Is there an alternative product that is meaner and leaner ?

It depends on your system and requirements.
Many (most) people only use their browser e.g. Internet Explorer (or Chrome with the IEtab plugin).
HikVision have a pro software solution (quite new) called HikCentral

There are of course many independent Video Management Systems (VMS) such as Milestone and Luxriot.
We have a couple of school customers who have chosen to use Vivotek's VAST software with HikVision cameras.

Back