01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ONVIF Device Test tool

GerHil

Hi does anyone know how to tell from the device test tool if my camera has onvif and it is on if you can tell me what test to run and I will post result Thanks

Hi does anyone know how to tell from the device test tool if my camera has onvif and it is on if you can tell me what test to run and I will post result Thanks
What test tool are you using?

The trouble i have is I have a ZXTECH XVR DVR but it will only see this camera on RSTP and not onvif. And i can't set it to full 4MP on the DVR so just wondering if i can get it to talk via onvif will i get the full 4mp. Have this camera on the bench and reluctant to fit if i can't get the full resolution. Camera is Hikvision DS-2CD2146G2-ISU AcuSense Darkfighter with latest update.

The trouble i have is I have a ZXTECH XVR DVR but it will only see this camera on RSTP and not onvif. And i can't set it to full 4MP on the DVR so just wondering if i can get it to talk via onvif will i get the full 4mp. Have this camera on the bench and reluctant to fit if i can't get the full resolution. Camera is Hikvision DS-2CD2146G2-ISU AcuSense Darkfighter with latest update.
There should be different RTSP URL profiles that will let you pick the stream you want from the camera, I will find the ones I use and post them.

I did not install the software as it relies on other software from sites I don't trust.

Hi David , I'm positive thats what my DVR is showing on the RTSP page. Do you know if this meams that it will be pulling the main stream at the highest resolution automatically even though in the camera configuration it is only set at 2MP and when i set to 4MP the image dissapears.

Last edited:
Hi David , I'm positive thats what my DVR is showing on the RTSP page. Do you know if this meams that it will be pulling the main stream at the highest resolution automatically even though in the camera configuration it is only set at 2MP and when i set to 4MP the image dissapears.
Can you play the camera mainstream (4MP) rtsp url using VLC?

Didn't know you could do this I will try tonight when i get home.
MacOS VLC
File> Open Network.....

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 17.14.30.png

DVR is set up with these settings . Think you may have prompted the issue with the Resolution using RTSP if you look at the settings the ones in grey can't be changed so it is using the Sub Stream

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230117-093833_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117-093833_Gallery.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 197
David in the picture above i am going to try changing the 554/0 with the 554/1 to see if it will give me the main stream on the substream to fool it. Let you know later when I get home cheers

Sorry forgot to update. This didn't work. Pulling my hair out now I think the hikvision camera and my DVR onvif protocal just don't speak the same language. As I tried a cheap Escam ip camera and it works fine in onvif.

Hi all, I managed to speak to Domar who supplied the ZX TECH DVR and they said its an issue with their dvr that cant work with Hikvision cameras properly.
So looks like I am gonny be in the market for a DVR or NVR that can do my existing analogue and new Hik IP cameras.

Back