01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR going crazy this morning

Mark Simpson

Hi

My NVR hasn't behaved since installing the newest firmware. I swear it's that! lol

Currently I have a lot of disconnected cameras with apparently the wrong IP addresses. When I use the SADP tool to change the IP addresses to what the NVR thinks they should be, the cameras work. But after correcting a few I go back and more cameras have bad IPs. Something is sending out new IPs to the cameras.

I can't set the cameras to DHCP using the SADP tool. If I check the option it is ignored upon save. I don't ever want to use Hikvision connect. This system is strictly for internal use only.

Things I've tried:
I've powered everything down, the POE switch and the NVR.
I've configured all cameras at once, auto assigning addresses.
I've configured cameras individually

Any suggestions?

Attached:
SADP screen
LAN 1 & LAN 2 settings
Firmware details

Attachments

• LAN 2.JPG
    LAN 2.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 283
  • LAN 1.JPG
    LAN 1.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 315
  • SADP.PNG
    SADP.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 264
  • NVR firmware info.JPG
    NVR firmware info.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 244
Hi Mark,
It's looking fairly complex with that dual LAN setup, but basically looks correct.
I'm guessing you have your laptop connected to one of the NVR's camera ports in order to see all the cameras in SADP. Is that disconneceted from other networks, so as not to affect anything?
Otherwise I've no idea how you're getting cameras assigned IP addresses in another domain range e.g. Camera ID 004 is at 192.168.0.4

One possibility could be hacking.
Your cameras are a few firmware versions behind.
The latest version for the 2335 model camera is V5.5.3, available here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Can you try updating a few cameras to see if they then behave?

Yes the laptop is connected to the switch that's in turn connected to LAN 2. No other network connection active.

The subnet mask is 255.255.0.0 so 192.168.x.x is allowed. That's not a different IP range. The IPs look to be assigned by the NVR, although I know not how.

The network is private, so there should be no chance of hacking. There is nothing but the NVR on the same network as the cameras, and the NVR is behind a corporate firewall on another private network. I'd be surprised if it were hacking.

If I edit Camera ID 004 to the IP that the NVR thinks it should be, it will work forever... until I correct the rest of the cameras when It may get assigned another random address and not tell the NVR.

Last edited:
Grr

Set the subnet mask tighter at 255.255.255.0

New IP range starting at 1.20
D1 - D9 seem to have ignored it, and D43+ is hit and miss.

Attachments

• New IPs.png
    New IPs.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 264
I deleted all of the cameras that failed to pick up an IP in that sweep (above), and "Quick Add"ed them from the web back end. All of them picked up a correct address and I have had all cameras working for 14 hours now.

Last edited:
Back