01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR/DVR-Decoder-keyboard

Toothless

Hello to you all. Hope you are all well and business is good, I'm quite new to the CCTV world so apologies. if this makes no sense

I have been tasked with setting up a CCTV system, The DVR/NVR's are in a locked room, but the viewing ( live ) is done in another room.

So we have the following DRV's
DS-7332HQHI - 32channel
DS-7208-HQHi - 8 Channel
DS-9601UDI - Decoder
DS1200ki - Keyboard

The Idea is that the decoder will be in the viewing room and have the Monitor attached and the Keyboard will be in this room to.
all the Camera's are static exception of 3 which are Lilin PIH75xx

Now for my confusion:-(

I have the DRV's up and working that bit seems to be painless, PZT's into the DVR

Now how does the Decoder and keyboard work ?

All devices are on the same Lan, the ivms4200 can see the devices.

Looking at the decoder Config there is not much there but the Keyboard seems to have quite a bit
You can add Ip/dome cams
DVR/NRV's
Decoders

So I have added the DS-7332 and the decoder DS-960, When I look under device management on the Keyboard unit ( DS122kI ) , Input channel, it show the 32 channels but how does this output to the decoder ?

Luckily this is not a live environment at present, so I can default it all and start again, But any assistance on this would be gratefully received

T

The decoder would normally be used to convert IP video streams back to analogue - program it to grab video from IP addresses on the network and output them as analogue video from the BNC connections on the back - perhaps to display on traditional CCTV monitors.

Just FYI, an encoder does the opposite, takes an analogue video signal from a camera and develops an IP video stream at a settable IP address.

As we only deal with IP cameras and NVRs, I'd recommend that you contact HikVision for best advice on configuring your DVR-based system.

Hikvision UK & Ireland

Hi Thanks for the reply, The bit I seem to be stuck at is , the output on the decoder, If I connect the output to the DRV, I can move through the screens using the keyboard, But I get nothing when connected to the decoder

Back