01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nvr and Network switch

Gewens

Hi,
I wonder if any of you can help me.
I will be installing a 16 camera system but 4 of the cameras are in another building and will be over 100m from the Nvr.
I intend to put a poe network switch at the end of building one and cable to building 2 from there, thus eliminating the 100m problem.
My question is, can the single cable from the network switch plug into one of the 16 ports on the Nvr for all 4 of the cameras to be seen at the Nvr or would I have to put them onto the clients network?
Any help appreciated
Glenn

Hi Glenn,
You can't add four cameras via a switch to a single NVR camera port.
You would need to add the cameras to the customer's general network, give them LAN IP addresses, and then manually add them to the NVR with those IP addresses.

V4 NVR Firmware:

V3 NVR Firmware:

Well, every day is a school day!
Look what we just learned (below).
We've never seen mention of this capability anywhere else before!
This is a brand new HikVision YouTube channel named 'HikVision Explains' which was only created 4 days ago.
(the relevant section begins at 10mins 55secs)

Thanks for that Phil.
Looks like I will be able to keep my clients network seperate from the cctv network after all.
Really appreciate the reply.
Glenn

That should make life much easier. Hard to imagine why this wasn’t possible before.

Even for home users, it’ll make life easier having one flat network. No virtual host, no static routes or other fiddling about. Phil’s life should easier judging by the network queries on here.

My E NVR doesn’t have a V4 firmware option as far as I can see.

So far, V4 firmware is ONLY available for -I NVRs

Back