01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR / Acusense / IVMS 4200 ...

Martel

Hello,

We are planning to set up our surveillance system, all is already bought , and we are about to install it (personal use). I work in IT so I will do all the configuration.

We are a family of 5 and would like to have live information with the hik-connect app

Current setup:

NVR DS-7608NXI-K2/8P

All will be recorded on the NVR

4x 2CD2147G2.8MM (acusense / colorvu, it's the standard version, non -SU model)

I have few questions:

1/ From what I've read is that Acusense camera dont need acusense NVR, if we have both it will help reduce the "false alerts" but from I can see on the NVR I can only set NVR or Camera for detection, not both. I've looked at the prices, the non acusense NVR (ds-7608ni-k2/8p) is 10€ less expensive in my area, so I don't mind keeping it. Maybe should I get a 4poe NVR without acusense and use the camera acusense functionality?

2/ Questioning about 4k camera, I don't have 4k monitor, and we don't need it, i guess? I will also need to change the NVR to get a 4k one that is way more expensive…

3/ I feel that those cameras will not be used in their full potential as i won't use the acusense part as it will be handled by the NVR, should I switch to non acusense version? I feel that colorvu are way better for night vision that those ICR or Darkfighter

4/ How do you guys manage alerts? I've seen on the NVR in hdmi mod we have all the alerts, playback, etc… we won't have a screen plugged in as the nvr will be in a rack. We would like to manage it with a software like IVMS but with all the history of alerts, as if you close IVMS I don't get the old alerts.. Maybe is there other software that do this?

We are also planning to link the NVR with HIK-connect to get live alerts.

1/ From what I've read is that Acusense camera dont need acusense NVR, if we have both it will help reduce the "false alerts" but from I can see on the NVR I can only set NVR or Camera for detection, not both. I've looked at the prices, the non acusense NVR (ds-7608ni-k2/8p) is 10€ less expensive in my area, so I don't mind keeping it. Maybe should I get a 4poe NVR without acusense and use the camera acusense functionality?
That's correct. You can only use the feature on the camera or the NVR, so you would set it on the camera and not use the functionality on the NVR. I wouldn't recommend dropping to a 4 channel model as the 4 channel model only has 40Mbps incoming bandwidth rather than the 80Mbps of the 8 channel. The number of channels a recorder will run depends not only on the number of ports but the incoming bandwidth. The best option would be the new DS-7608NI-M2/8P. It doesn't have the unneeded AcuSense feature and is the high performance ultra series with 128Mbps incoming bandwidth which should make it future proof for you (though it will be more expensive)

2/ Questioning about 4k camera, I don't have 4k monitor, and we don't need it, i guess? I will also need to change the NVR to get a 4k one that is way more expensive…

The camera models you have detailed are 4MP rather than 8MP (4K). The monitor output on all NVR's can be adjusted to suit your monitor so there's no need for a 4K one. The recorded image file would still be 4K for a 8MP camera regardless of how the monitor is set.

3/ I feel that those cameras will not be used in their full potential as i won't use the acusense part as it will be handled by the NVR, should I switch to non acusense version? I feel that colorvu are way better for night vision that those ICR or Darkfighter
Where both the camera and the NVR can do AcuSense you would always use the function in the camera as it works better. Where the NXI AcuSense models work well is when upgrading a system with older cameras that don't have AcuSense. It's a cost effective way to add the feature. I would recommend that you stick with the AcuSense model cameras. With regard to which is best ColorVu/Darkfighter - it really depends on location. In an area with zero ambient light, street lighting etc I'd use the DS-2CD2346G2-IU. That is the Darkfighter version. If there's some light - street lighting, a dusk to dawn light I would use the ColorVu. There's no harm in combining the two - I have ColorVu at the front of my house but Darkfighter at the back where it's pitch black.

4/ How do you guys manage alerts? I've seen on the NVR in hdmi mod we have all the alerts, playback, etc… we won't have a screen plugged in as the nvr will be in a rack. We would like to manage it with a software like IVMS but with all the history of alerts, as if you close IVMS I don't get the old alerts.. Maybe is there other software that do this?

We are also planning to link the NVR with HIK-connect to get live alerts.
Hik - Connect for your live alerts but there are some caveats. To get the alerts you must connect to the system via the Hik-Connect service:

1 - If you all use the same login, you'll all get alerts, but if one household member gets sick of the alerts and stops them in the app, it will stop the alerts in all users phones.

2 - If you use different logins and the main user shares the system to the other family members, I think it's still the case that only the site owner (sharer) gets the notifications.

3 - You can add the system to the app directly using it's external IP/Domain (with port forwarding or UPnP) but then you lose features of the app including push notifications.

With regard to not having a screen, I'd recommend one. Maybe you could get a CAT5E from your rack to a TV and use a KVM over CAT5E unit to get local viewing and control? It's by far the easiest way to search through footage when you need to. The iVMS-4200 PC software is somewhat clunky, not particularly user friendly.

Back