01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NTP Time Servers?

imtiyazp

On my NVR DS-7732NI-M4-24P, on the the 'Time Configuration' part, I can choose between the following NTP Servers or put my own one in:

time.windows.com
time.google.com
time.apple.com

My Preferred DNS server = 8.8.8.8
Alternative DNS Server = 1.1.1.1

When I choose 'time.windows.com' and press the 'Test' button, I get the message "Test Succeeded'.

When I choose 'time.google.com' or 'time.apple.com' options and press the 'Test' button, I get the message "Connecting failed. Check if parameters are correct'.

Using my Windows PC, I can ping both 'time.google.com' or 'time.apple.com' and it is successful.

Any ideas, anyone. There is no Firewall on my modem end, hence that is why I can ping them?

Can you try:

Preferred DNS server = "your router gateway ip" for example 192.168.1.1
Alternative DNS Server = 8.8.8.8

This might also fix the Hikconnect server issue

Funny enough, that is exactly what it was before:

Preferred DNS server = "your router gateway ip" for example 192.168.1.1
Alternative DNS Server = 8.8.8.8

I then changed to:

My Preferred DNS server = 8.8.8.8
Alternative DNS Server = 1.1.1.1

so both of the above do not work. For some reason time.windows.com has no issues?

Possibly working through Windows if iVMS4200 is installed on your Windows PC

Do you have Time sync Diagnosis on your NVR GUI?
Mine is 7608NXI-K and this is on System-Maintenance-Time Sync Diagnosis.
I sometimes receive an error about two time sync ways. One is iVMS4200
Try also to disable Enable Hik-Connect Server Time Sync

Hi I have the NVR DS-7732NI-M4-24P and yes I have checked System-Maintenance-Time Sync Diagnosis.

With regards to ivms420, I do not use that and the time sync is taken from the NVR from there.

I can't say why your setup won't connect to google or apple as mine connects to anything regardless of the DNS server/s chosen. Personally I always use pool.ntp.org

But a ping to a server is not the same as an NTP request on port 123 - They are different requests and one could work and the other not for all sorts of network config or security reasons. On windows command line you can probably check NTP with:

w32tm /stripchart /computer:time.google.com

Back