01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Notification images not appearing for all cameras

craig242

Hi all,
Does anyone know why I am only receiving images on email notifications or under the message tab on HIK Connect for 1 of 3 cameras on my system?

I have line detection set up on all 3, which works fine as I get the emails/app notifications but only see images for CAM1. The emails for the other 2 cams have no attachments, and the app just displays an orange bell instead of a snapshot of the detection. Confused as firmware version is the same for 2 cameras that are behaving differently...

Details as per below:

NVR - DS-7604NI-K1/4P
FW v3.4.98 build 171121

Cam 1 - DS-2CD2622FWD-I
FW v5.5.5 build 180111

Cam 2 - DS-2CD2042WD-1
FW v5.5.5 build 180111

Cam 3 - DS-2CD2355FWD-I
FW v5.5.51 build 180326

All connected directly to NVR PoE ports.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Will check the digest settings tonight when I get home for each camera.

Event settings and schedule are the same for every camera, continuous line detection configured for all 3 which works fine as I get the notifications for each camera, just no images.

Also that link you provided said that HIKconnect notifications should remain unaffected so not sure that is whats causing this :(

So I changed the digest settings for all cameras but it made no difference. Image attached for reference, any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180709-105531_Hik-Connect[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20180709-105531_Hik-Connect[1].jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 1,967
Hmm, clutching at straws now.
The camera that it is working for (cam 1) is a 2MP camera.
Camera 2 is from the same series, and uses the same firmware, but is a 4MP camera.
You've checked that all the settings are the same.
What happens if you set the resolution for cam2 at 2MP?
Will it start to work?

What's your internet connection like at the NVR site?
Do you have a good uplink speed?

Haven't tried changing cam 2 or 3 down to 2MP but will give it a go tonight when I am home.

Internet connection is OK, 35mbps down 7/8 up over WIFI.
NVR is connected with cat6 to powerline adapter in the loft, via mains to powerline adapter downstairs on the router.

House is 5 years old so mains wiring should be OK. I also conducted a speed test through the powerline adapters to see if I could have a camera in the garage. The speed only dropped a few mbps so don't think the PA's are causing any issues.

Success!
Changed cam 2 to 2mp resolution and got an image on the HIKConnect notification as well as the email.

Why is that? Less packet data to send a 2mp screenshot than 4mb? Obviously I would prefer to have the 4mp camera running at 4mp, any ideas how this can be achieved?

Similarly cam3 is a 5mp camera so would like to get the full benefit of what the camera can capture.

That's great.
You mentioned before that you 7 or 8 Mbps uplink, so I wouldn't expect your connection to be limiting.
What is the file size attached to your emails now please?
Can you increment the resolution, and find how big an attachment you can succeed with until it breaks?
Who is your ISP?
What router are you using?
What is your router's current MTU setting?
Can you increase it?
Does it help?

File size in the emails are now 28kb each (x3). Cam1 was sending 23kb per attachment for comparison.

ISP is Talktalk, using their router which i believe is a Huawei HG633. MTU setting is set to 1500.

Will try increasing the resolution first to see where it breaks.

OK so for cam2:
@2mp - images appear fine, attachment size of 28kb each
@3mp - images appear fine, attachment size of 26kb each
@4mp no images appear :(

Was there any solution for this?

Have a similar set up with no images coming through and assume it has to do with the 4MP setting.

Was there any solution for this?

Have a similar set up with no images coming through and assume it has to do with the 4MP setting.

Nothing I am aware of unfortunately, had to reduce 4MP cameras down to 3MP for the images to work.

Does suck that HIKConnect doesnt allow you to take full advantage of the cameras they sell. Clearly quite a disconnect between hardware and software...

I read a few solutions but have not tested yet -

Both involve getting the camera to do the work and there are 2 sub-solutions:

1. Get the camera to actually send the email (this involves static routes if the camera is attached directly to the NVR)
Hikvision cameras connected to nvr to send direct email
I can't test this one as my router doesn't do static routes at the moment. Have to swap it out first.

2. Set the capture settings in the camera as this, by default is turned off. I still think that the email gets sent by the NVR but unsure of how the camera knows how to do this.
2nd last post here:
Hikvision Email Notification Attachments

Still hoping to get this working without downgrading the quality.

I read a few solutions but have not tested yet -

Both involve getting the camera to do the work and there are 2 sub-solutions:

1. Get the camera to actually send the email (this involves static routes if the camera is attached directly to the NVR)
Hikvision cameras connected to nvr to send direct email
I can't test this one as my router doesn't do static routes at the moment. Have to swap it out first.

2. Set the capture settings in the camera as this, by default is turned off. I still think that the email gets sent by the NVR but unsure of how the camera knows how to do this.
2nd last post here:
Hikvision Email Notification Attachments

Still hoping to get this working without downgrading the quality.

Solution 1 is interesting. Need to check if my router allows static IP's as well.

If you do find an alternative please reply to this thread, I would appreciate it.

Back