01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nightfighter; too much light?

PaulS

I’ve an area which is reasonably lit where other Hikvision turrets struggled to get a good quality image (single frame) of a moving person at night, so I’ve tried Nightfighter. However, there seems to be too much light as whilst the camera does seem to switch to a night mode, it stays in colour but this generates a lot of noise and I am unable to get a good still image of a walking person. Is there some way to force it to mono (where I suspect the aperture can be smaller and with less noise)? Happy for any other ideas. Thanks, Paul.

Probably best to experiment. Have you tried turning the IR off? In fairly well lit areas I've found Darkfighter's to perform better with the IR disabled. Looking forward to feedback.

Hi, Stewart. I've tried turning the IR off and messed with loads of settings; still can't force it to mono. It's a challenging image as a lot of the shot is a textured driveway which it doesn't like very much and which generates a lot of noise, certainly when trying to run colour in the relatively low-light situation.

Maybe a scheduled night switch with 0 saturation, then day switch with normal 50% saturation?
1539021450417.png

Back