01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New IP CCTV system install at house and store

Liame

Hey All,

Looking for the second opinion for a couple of personal installs and the choice of cameras I have made.

Install one is at the new house.
  1. Camera for normally unlit rear to cover 5m garden/face, back door area, mounted on the soffit. Hikvision DS-2CD2345FWD-I 4mm
  2. Camera for the front of the house to cover front door and driveway mounted on the soffit. Street is lit. A Mic is nice to have. Hikvision DS-2CD2345FWD-I 4mm
  3. Camera inside for main living area. Hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW

Install two is my small retail store.
  1. Camera to cover the exterior of the front, break-in risk if very low but get a lot of loitering through the night who make a mess. Outside is lit from a distance plus closer PIR activated floodlight. Looking to mount onto side of building using wall mount bracket. Liked the idea of line crossing and activation of flashing and audio cue Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU 4MP
  2. Camera to cover till area and another for one of the aisle. The area is fairly tight, a couple of meters by a couple of meters. The aim is to monitor staff/customers during day time, Mic is important. Unlit at night and would like some IR cover in the unlikely event there is a break-in. Hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi @Liame

Our thoughts on your current camera choices are below:

New House

With the space being smaller than 10m we would usually recommend a Mini Dome like the DS-2CD2545FWD-I as they have 10m IR range instead of the 30m range of the turrets which means objects and face very close to the camera do not get whited out/overexposed as much with the less powerful IR.

2. If you want a built-in mic we would recommend either a 2545FWD-IS if the driveway is short (10m or less) or a 2343G0-IU if it is a longer/larger area you need to cover. Another option if the house faces a road with street lighting or you have a porch light/floodlight on the house is to use a DS-2CD2347G1-LU which not only supports a built-in Mic but also supports Hikvision's ColorVu technology to achieve colour images at night, usually for the clearest results you need to use the cameras built-in floodlight which is very bright and not best suited to residential properties, but if you have ambient lighting from street lights or lights on the house then you can disable the cameras built-in light and just use the available light.

3. Cube camera is what we recommend for indoor installs

Retail Store

2346G2-IU is a good option, but if you want the strobe light and alarm function you will need the -ISU/SL model. One thing we would say about this model is that most smart events are not 100% accurate and so you can get some false detections which will trigger the light and alarm, these regular triggers may become very irritating to anyone that lives near to the shop. (I don't know your shop location so if it is more remote this is not such an issue)

We would also recommend the 2347 ColorVu camera for this position as you mentioned a PIR light on the shop which will help achieve better colour images at night. (also the PIR light coming on when motion is detected may cause issues for cameras like the 2346G2 models which use IR as the sudden bright light can momentarily blind the cameras)

2. 2455 Cube cameras, as already mentioned, are great for indoor use but as this is a shop and you may see some vandalism the mainly plastic cube cameras are a little vulnerable and so we would usually recommend for extra protection to go with the vandal-resistant Mini Domes like the 2545FWD linked above.

Back