01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Need help with remote viewing through hik-connect.com

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I set up an account, set up my hik connect app, and everything works perfectly. I can remote view all my cams and get alerts on my phone.

However, when logged into my hik-connect account on a web browser, next to my NVR, is an IP address link that theoretically allows me to click on it and remotely view my cameras. It has never worked and times out every time I click on it, whether I'm on my LAN or the WAN.

My setup: AT&T modem/router at 192.168.1.X, which is in bridged mode. Hooked to that is a Netgear wireless router that spits out 10.0.0.X, so all my LAN devices are on that range of addresses. Here's the weird thing - the link in my hik-connect.com account shows an IP address of 99.116.111.X for the link I'm supposed to click for remote viewing. I cannot alter that IP address, as it is automatically assigned when I created an account.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Hi @fullboogie

The link you refer to when logged in Hik-connect using a browser has actually not worked for many years, it did use to be possible to connect via this link but for some reason, Hikvision disabled this feature. The only way to get remote access via a browser is to setup Port Forwarding.

Well that answers that - thank you for the quick response Dan. Have a good weekend.

P.S. - are we waiting for it to get fixed? Or waiting for it to be removed?

Last edited:
Sorry, no idea what they will do with/about that link :rolleyes:

Back