01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Need help with NVR HIKVISION - not stable connection with IP cameras

XaleX

Hi Community!

I have a difficult problem with wireless signal stability. I use two CPE220 in simple Acces Point with Client mode to transmit signal from two IP cameras to NVR.
The connection between IP cameras and NVR absolutely unstable. Each camera loses connection simultaneously and unpredictable. Here I drow the network diagram and there are images from NVR playback log. What I already tried - all possible variations to TURN ON/OFF WMM, QoS, Short GI, changed distance 0-1 km, reset. Nothing helps. When I connect a laptop directly to Dlink switch LAN and disconnect cameras cables - I can get immediate access to Pharos AP 192.168.7.100 menu for any settings. Everything in Pharos menu works super fast as by direct connection. I used the internal speed test tool between the Access Point and Client and got stable 50-70Mbs. But when I connect back two IP cameras to switch the access to Pharos AP 192.168.7.100 menu become absolutely unstable with 1-2 minutes delays to upload login and menu pages, shows script errors or impossible to access at all like Page Not found. Pharos Client 192.168.7.102 menu immediate accessible, works fine and fast in both variants. Something wrong in the firmware of CPE220. What you can recommend to test, check or change?
Thank you!
Lan.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 12.06.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 12.05.42 AM.png

Black holes - when the data signal was lost from IP cameras. There are no patterns or depends between two cameras signal loses. Power is stable everywhere.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 12.06.40 AM.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 12.06.40 AM.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 379
Might it be power related?
Are the POE injectors to the cameras of a good quality?
Do they conform to the IEEE 802.3af standard?

Is it data affected?
Can a single camera be sustained?
Perhaps try it with a low resolution and fps setting initially?

I would guess that the longer cables to the cameras are home-made?
Try bringing the cameras closer to the switch and test with short factory-made patch leads.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for the reply.
1. PoE injectors with IEEE 802.3af and 35W and are good and tested with cameras When I connect to cameras thru switch - their live view 4k are perfect, stable and alive without any issues during a long time. Also, microSDs have a perfectly stable recorded history.
2. Will try single camera for a few days.
3. With substream 640X480 the same issue.
4. Good idea! Will try other 2 cameras with short factory made patches with direct switch connection.
Main problem - that for short time tests everything works fine. The problem starts in some hours after power reboot of the remote part.
5. As PLAN B waiting for a pair of Ubiquiti NanoStation AC Loco 5GHz airMAX to change tplinks and see the results.
I still don't understand why when I disconnect cameras I can remotely get immediate access to AP menu and NVR menu, but when connect - AP menu and NVR doesn't load or load with 2-3 min delay like thru dialup modem 33600. And why two streams show 3-5Mbps load at WLAN at Client Tplink and NVR network diagnostic.

So the final solution:

TP-Link CPE220 v3 has real bugs in the firmware.

With the firmware 2.1.14
All possible settings, changes in power TX, auto/ manual 0.1 distance, QoS, WMM on/off, fixed channel, fixed n-mode, fixed bandwidth, a brand manufactured cables changes, laser point alignments, fine-tuning, voodoo magic and a black cat did not help.
One camera works with 83-87% packet loss, ping time average to AP 2050 ms.
Two cameras work with 45-67% packet loss, ping time average to AP 2900 ms.

With the firmware 2.1.11
All the same possible settings tested: changes in power TX, auto/ manual 0.1 distance, QoS, WMM on/off, fixed channel, fixed n-mode, fixed bandwidth, a brand manufactured cables changes, laser point alignments, fine-tuning, voodoo magic and a black cat did not help.
One camera works with 81-93% packet loss, ping time average to AP 2380 ms.
Two cameras work with 67-72% packet loss, ping time average to AP 3150 ms.

In addition, the firmware 2.1.11 has official known bugs: (Download for CPE220 | TP-Link Canada)
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
1. Fixed the problem that the device may be reset to factory defaults due to unstable power.
2. Improved web UI display.
3. Fixed the problem that Transmit Power could be set as improper value.
4. Fixed the problem that when the wireless interference is serious, the client may be not connected to the AP when the WPA/WPA2 encryption mode is enabled.
5. Fixed the problem that the "Failed to get data" information may be wrongly displayed.

So, I can't install 2.1.11 with known bugs and 2.1.14 doesn't work stable.

Pros: nothing.

Cons: lost 3 work days of the project time playing with TPLink FW headache, lost time and money to return and refund.

Do not recommend and will never buy again.

Solution: used another equipment.

Thanks for sharing your experience with TPLink. Our supplier recently offered it as cheaper equivalent. We won't entertain the suggestion based on your experience. We will stay with Ubiquiti and MikroTik.

Back