01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion Detection Settings - How to fix?

sportaholic

Hi guys...

Is there a way for a Hik-Vision NVR to reduce the 2minute 10 second motion recording clip length? I find most of the footage contains no motion, and i'm skipping through the video waiting to see what has happened.

I would also wish Hik would improve the app experience regarding motion detection...
- Allow you to filter motion notifications by specific camera within the NVR.
- Ability to increase the play speed by 2x, 5x, 10x
- Ability to fast forward by double click on the video (similar to YouTube).

In the Hik Connect app - the clip starts exactly 5 seconds before the motion/intrusion/line crossing event that triggered the event. When you playback in the app if you see nothing after 5 seconds it's pointless watching the rest.

In the Hik Connect app - the clip starts exactly 5 seconds before the motion/intrusion/line crossing event that triggered the event. When you playback in the app if you see nothing after 5 seconds it's pointless watching the rest.

Thanks for the information.

Unless the initial trigger is as you say pointless but is followed immediately by a more relevant event which you miss because you don't watch the recording in full.

Unless the initial trigger is as you say pointless but is followed immediately by a more relevant event which you miss because you don't watch the recording in full.
That may be a moot point. Even if the clip length was reduced to 10 seconds - if the first trigger was a false alert and another occurred immediately afterwards, the notification would not be received on the Hik Connect app. From memory, repeat alarms (same camera, same analytic) are not pushed until about a minute has expired to prevent nuisance.

Anyway, the key is to get alarms configured correctly so as to minimise unwanted alerts.

Back