01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

motion detection - nothing

thomahawk

Hello all
I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I, and after all the troubles I had setting this up (camera manufacturers really still have not arrived in the 21th century have they), I am glad I made it this far, that I can really access the camera in the browser.

Now I am trying to get a picture saved on motion detection, to my ftp server. A testfile has successfully been saved to the server. But upon movement in front of the camera, nothing is recorded.

In "event" I did activate motion detection and dynamic movement. I set one big detection area. Schedule is all days/hours chosen. Linkage method is upload ftp/memory and there is a "trigger record" A1 chosen. No idea what that means or where A1 comes from.

I am missing where to choose image or video, and other settings (what will be saved).

The online help says "Go to Advanced Configuration > Storage > Snapshot page, enable the event-triggered snapshot, and set the capture interval and capture number."

But I have no "Advanced configuration" anywhere.

Has someone an idea?
Thanks
Thomas

Hi Phil. Thank you for the input.
Yes, the camera has V5.4.5
I knew that forum posts. But no, does not help. As for the DNS Server, my ftp is on internal network. It is a NAS, but NAS configuration did not work, so I went with the ftp. This at least results now in successful test.

I do not understand what is A1, in event > linkage "trigger record" > checkbox "A1" or where it comes from.

in schedule I dont understand why are there two schedules? And the first one has color options which are not possible to chose... I made the second also 24/7 active, without understanding the difference to the first one and I set both capture parameter to active.

I dont see the option to capture video. I really dont understand that interface.

Thanks
Thomas

Well. I give it up now. This is really the crappiest little piece of hardware I ever purchased, of course of the extremely bad software, that is. I will get a Foscam again and try to sell this HikVision.

By the way: I got my new Foscam today. Cost me 10 minutes and it was set up.

1. connect camera to PoE
2. login to router to see IP of Camera
3. using IP to login to camera in webbrowser
4. login window lets me set a password
5. done - watching video feed

same thing with HikVision: 3+ hours

Back