01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion detection area moves with PTZ?

Newtothis

DS-2DE4A225IW-DE
7604ni-k1/4p(b)

When setting smart events (Line crossing/intrusion detection) the line/area locks into place even when moving the camera. With motion detection, the area seems to follow the camera view. Is there a way to lock this in place?

1.PNG
2.PNG

Last edited:
Hi @Newtothis

Can you confirm the firmware versions the NVR and PTZ are currently using?

Hi @Newtothis

Can you confirm the firmware versions the NVR and PTZ are currently using?
The NVR is V4.30.085 build 210409

Camera is V5.7.1 build 211015

I didn't want to update the camera after reading about losing auto tracking.

Last edited:
okay,

My only recommendation was going to be to update the camera firmware because we haven't seen this issue before.

I can only think that tracking the events is possible with certain smart events and is not supported by basic smart events, it could also be related to combining the new PTZ model with an older NVR model.

I will try asking Hikvision support to see if they can clear this up for us.

Any update? I only have smart tracking enabled with smart events.
During the day (preset 1), All lines and motion detection areas are where they should be.
At night (preset 2) is a more zoomed in, slightly different angle view. The Lines have remained where they were set, but the motion area has followed the camera to the preset 2 view.

Hi @Newtothis

Sorry, I forgot about this. We never got a response from Hikvision about this issue.

I've chased them and they finally got back to me with the answer I expected:

Unfortunately, the motion detection grid cannot be fixed on a point, so it will always move with the PTZs movements.
If you want fixed event detection areas, I would suggest to use smart events such as line crossing or intrusion.

Back