01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Main feed and Main Feed (event) ?

Denzy

Hi everyone,

On my DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) record settings page I see 'main feed' and 'main feed events' settings - what exactly is the (events) one used for? This is in addition to the sub-stream.

My first assumption is that it uses those quality settings when an event is recorded - but then again the main feed is continuously recording anyway.... I have them both set the same , what is the point of this option?

Thanks y'all.

Hi @Denzy

You are correct that the 'Main Stream(event)' settings are for when you have event notifications enabled alongside the continuous recording, so for example, if you are receiving e-mail notifications or sending event files via FTP then these are video settings it would use. In most cases pretty much all of the settings are locked anyway and you can only change the frame rate. The sub-stream settings are mainly used for remote access as the settings are usually a lower resolution to reduce the amount of outgoing bandwidth.

I use this to adjust the frame rate during an event. Constant recording is set to say 8fps which increases to 12fps during an event. Max bitrate is also increased. Not sure how much disk space this saves, but every little helps :-)

Back