01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking to build a cctv for security company with hikvision

lgwjames

Hi all,

I have a hikvison system at home that is using poe and 2 cameras. As im a sia ds/cctv holder, the time for events are coming soon and i have talked the guy i work for into maybe hiring out a van for cctv. In fact im going to buy one to convert as i do a few events i need to sleep at and thougth a good way to make money myself.

my thoughts were this:
By a ex welfare van or crew van where power is more than likely already put it.
Use hikvision Poe cameras (easy to just run network leads) and a dvr/nvr that would hold 1-4tb drive.
Hook this up to a simple monitor and power and should be good to go?

i was thinking a 8 way unit.
1 on front of van above windscreen, one on rear doors, 2 on each side and 1 on a mast. The mast seems to be costly, some £2k for the unit.
The mast one would be the only PTZ and i have heard mixed reviews that the poe is not strong for the power and need to run both power and network lead?

Now what is peoples ideal about back up to a recorder (dvd) or alike?
what other parts would i need?

I saw a usb joystick controller for hikvison for ptz, are they good?

hi phil
well i did google masts in the uk for a good up and down on a motor and clarks and tm came up at £2k. that's without fitting. But it is a simple square to cut and brackets and can hold up to 50kg.

I looked at a 20x hikvision on amazon and someone posted a question " will this work on poe" to which the seller said yes, but someone else said the power was ok to view but weak on moving and he had to run a 12 v as well.

Back