01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking for some help in choosing IP cameras

joy33

Hi and thanks for looking at my question, new to the forum so hope i have posted in the correct section.

We have an older relative, and we'd like to put in a few (3 possibly 4) IP cameras, they will be used by her carer (my wife) and used to view, on say an android phone, to check periodically if she is alright, we don't need to record, or motion detect, it's just a way for my wife to look in once a night and see if the relative is safely tucked up in bed kinda thing,

We don't really need all the bells and whistles that come with most systems, and if it was simple like wireless and I can do it myself all the better.

We would appreciate any advice, we are in the .uk

Many thanks in advance of any advice or recommendations.
J

Hi @joy33

The camera we would probably recommend is the Hikvision DS-2CD2455FWD-IW 5MP Cube Network Camera

This model does support WiFi connection (although you may need to directly connect the cameras to the local network during the setup process) and with the included stand the camera can be wall/ceiling mounted or just stood on a shelf, bookcase, etc... if you don't want them fixed in place.

Once setup you can then individually add each camera to Hikvision's Hik-Connect mobile app for remote access to the cameras.

I would definitely recommend you have a look at the user manual on the camera's product page to make sure you are comfortable with the setup that may be required with this camera, if it does look like it might be too complicated for you or your wife to setup/operate then you will need to look into more consumer-marketed CCTV solutions. Unfortunately, we focus on professional CCTV systems so wouldn't be able to reliably recommend a consumer option.

Dan many thanks for your reply and advice, I will look at the items you mentioned.

Much obliged
Joy33

Reactions: Dan
Back