01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking for a good Hikvison PTZ camera in $500 range

nimnim

Recently our neighborhood was hit by some vandals, they driven around with BB gun or something and shot at parked car's windows. 120+ cars was hit in 2 days. As I have two fixed bullet cameras on the front wall of my house a police office stopped by and asked to check the recordings. We looked but because that happened at night not much details could be seen on the video...

Please recommend a PTZ camera that could reliably spot a car plate number during a night time. I am attaching what I've got with my current cameras FYI.

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-04-24 141439.jpg
    Annotation 2019-04-24 141439.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Annotation 2019-04-24 141231.jpg
    Annotation 2019-04-24 141231.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 192
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll research this one.

I don't think I really need to automatically capture all the plate numbers in to a database with time stamp, etc. It would be an overkill. But instead a camera that I can either program to zoom in to a certain area (or switch between 2-3 areas) and just record the scene with good enough resolution to (ideally) recognize the plate numbers or provide more information then I can get now with my bullet cameras. Or like I once did with Axis PTZ cameras I used to have - to automatically track moving objects and zoom on them.

Something like DS-2DE4A425IW-DE or DS-2DE4225IW-DE may be? I am concerned about glare and ability to recognize the plate numbers during the night time.

Look at these videos (
and
). Criminals used that car to damage hundreds of the car in our area. But you can't see much, almost nothing...

If not PTZ - what would be best solution to the problem in under $500-1000 range?

I'm afraid that if you do not use a dedicated ANPR/LPR camera you will always experience that glare issue.