01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Liveview 1 + 5 view switch to sub-stream at reboot etc

malcamera

Hello I have a 1 day old DS-7616NI-K2/16P with POE. I use the build in switch and connected 6 new Hikvision cameras DS-2CD2155FWD-I 5 MP. I use the 1 + 5 liveview and all works as expected except there is a problem making the whole setup unuseable and I will soon return it to the shop if I can't solve it. I think it is a bug but hopefully not.

I only use the software in the NVR to manage and to see the cameras. I'm not interested in using webbrowsers or other software. I bought a complete system which I expects to work almost plug and play.

The problem is when I doubleclick one of the 6 screen too see just 1 screen and then go back to the 1+5 view then it change the 5 cameras to show only the sub-stream instead of the mainstream. Same happens when i reboot. I can manually change each of the 5 cameras to show mainstream and it works fint to show alle 6 cameras at the same time as mainstream. But if the system is rebooted or a user look at one of the cameras and back again to 1+5 view then it shows the substream on 5 of the cameras :(.

So infact the system is able to show all 6 cameras in liveview with mainstream. Soo it is not because of missing bandwith or ressources.

This system is for a customer and they don't want to change each screen to mainstream after reboot or looking at a screen. It's stupid it doesn't remember when you choose it to show mainstream. Also in the setup menu I choose mainstream and NOT auto.

The problem is the same with a 1+7 and 3 x 3 setup. But a setup with one camera og with 4 camera works fine.

Many other must have the same problem.

Firmware is 3.4.93.

I can't live with an expensive camera surveillance system connected to a 4K monitor and with 5 MP cameras showing 5 out of 6 cameras as substream 1.2 MP something. Hopefully Hikvision solve this bug otherwise they should advertise it as a max 4 cameras system.

Any suggestions I will be very happy.

Regards

Michael

Last edited:
I just found out that it doesn't work in 2x2 neither. With 2x2 just some of the cameras in liveview back to substream. Its totally random which camara it shows with substream.

Back