01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Link new cameras to Hik-Connect?

MetalEarth

Hi,

I add some new cameras to my NVR but I cannot figure out how to add them to Hik-connect. When I go to Hik-Connect > My Device > Settings > Linked Cameras - I can see all the channels there, and the new working camera names like "camera 6@N123456", but I cannot add them. I can only edit the name and hide them.

Any ideas on how to add the new cameras? I looked in the NVR thinking there was a place to "link" them but I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks.

Hi @MetalEarth

I can't really understand the problem you are having, if the cameras you have added to the NVR are appearing in the linked cameras list on the Hik-connect app then they should already be added and when you stream all the channels from that NVR on the app you should be able to see those 2 new cameras without doing anything else.

I am with you.... They appear there but say "not linked". I can cannot figure out how to link them.

Here is a picture of what I see in the app with the red - not linked text. I even tried to delete and re-add the device to the Hik-Connect account with no luck. Same result. The existing cameras work fine - but I cannot seem to add the two new ones.

Last edited:
I am with you.... They appear there but say "not linked". I can cannot figure out how to link them.

Here is a picture of what I see in the app with the red - not linked text. I even tried to delete and re-add the device to the Hik-Connect account with no luck. Same result. The existing cameras work fine - but I cannot seem to add the two new ones.

Ok, what NVR model do you have? how are the new cameras connected to the NVR? are they directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or are they connected to a switch on the local network?

As @Dan says, you only need to have the nVR added to your Hik-Connect account.
Cameras that are newly added to your NVR should automatically appear / be accessible.
Try basic things e.g. power cycle the NVR.
If that does not resolve it, then check for the latest available firmware for your NVR at the Hikvision portal.

I am using a separate PoE switch. My model is DS-7732 I think, I am not near it now.

I was thinking it was a credentials things for the Hik-Connect based on what channels you want to show. But I could not find anything like that in the NVR, other than what you have for users.

I agree it is very strange. Phil may be right a proper reboot may fix this.

Thanks for your help.

Back